SEO – SearchCap: Siri search, Google Maps spam & Google mobile-first index
Below is what happened in search today, as reported on Search Engine Land and from other places across the web.
From Search Engine Land:
- Siri is Google’s nearest mobile search competitor [Report]
Apr 6, 2017 by Greg Sterling
According to a survey from Fivesight Research, Siri had a larger share of mobile search than Bing or Yahoo.
- Google says it has reduced fake Google Maps listings by 70% since 2015
Apr 6, 2017 by Barry Schwartz
Company cites machine learning and new business verification techniques as main reasons for the decline.
- Google hopeful the mobile-first index will launch by year’s end
Apr 6, 2017 by Barry Schwartz
But Gary Illyes says it might not go live until 2018.
- What the data tells us about the death of exact match and its impact
Apr 6, 2017 by Aaron Levy
Following Google’s recent changes to exact match in AdWords, many search marketers were concerned about the impact on their accounts. Now that it’s been a couple weeks, columnist Aaron Levy digs through his client data to see whether advertisers’ fears have come to pass.
- A guide to Google My Business for multi-location brands
Apr 5, 2017 by Digital Marketing Depot
With 40,000 search queries every second and 3.5 billion searches per day, we don’t need to make a case about why your business should be on Google, so let’s get that out of the way and assume you have built a robust local presence on Google My Business. The real question is how are you […]
Recent Headlines From Marketing Land, Our Sister Site Dedicated To Internet Marketing:
- Google launches Marketing Mix Model Partners program for comparing channel performance
- Snapchat ads take closer aim with new retargeting-lite, goal-based bidding options
- AI, intent data boost new B2B marketing tools from Demandbase, Get Smart Content & Leadspace
- Marketers, get your head out of your funnel — because time is definitely not on your side
- 4 ways you can improve your website conversion rate with SEO
- 3 brands that do email marketing right
- Twitter Lite launches to serve slow broadband networks and expensive data plans
- Adblock Plus’s parent company buys content micropayment service Flattr
- Google Analytics remarketing lists go cross-device May 15
- Amazon launches a metrics dashboard for Alexa skill developers
- Social media management software: Find the right one for your business.
- Voice search and data: The two trends that will shape online marketing in 2017
Search News From Around The Web:
- U.K. Increases Pressure on Google to Remove Terrorist Content, Bloomberg
Local & Maps
- Google Testing Local Knowledge Panels Without Maps, Search Engine Roundtable
- Google Says Use Disavow File When Threatened With Negative SEO, Search Engine Roundtable
- Link Building: Using Majestic to Discover Journalists, Majestic Blog
- SearchResearch Challenge (4/5/17): You mean.. they explode?, SearchReSearch
- 18 SEO Tactics That Take Only 30 Minutes Each, quicksprout.com
- Ashley Madison Penalized By Google? Not Ranking For It’s Own Name., Search Engine Roundtable
- Ask Yoast case study: SEO of a mom blog, Yoast
- Google Update On April 4th? If So, A Small One., Search Engine Roundtable
- Google: Expect Conflicting Info on Mobile First Prior to Launch, The SEM Post
- How to Get All Your Search Console Data from the API (Plus, Learn How to Use Python), Moz
- Survey: AI May Help Marketers Solve Pressing SEO Challenges, KoMarketing
SEM / Paid Search
- AdWords Price Extensions Might Not Be as Awesome as You Think, Merkle
- Google AMP Mobile PPC Optimization, metrictheory.com
- Google Shares (A Little More Of) The Reins On DSAs, PPC Hero
The post SearchCap: Siri search, Google Maps spam & Google mobile-first index appeared first on Search Engine Land.
June 29, 2022