SEO – SearchCap: Google Posts expands, technical audits & site search
Below is what happened in search today, as reported on Search Engine Land and from other places across the web.
From Search Engine Land:
- Are technical and content audits still relevant?
Mar 22, 2017 by David Freeman
SEO audits are very useful in identifying website issues and areas for improvement, but columnist David Freeman believes the way we approach these audits is outdated.
- 3 steps to overcoming site issues that impact performance
Mar 22, 2017 by Jim Yu
Consumers and search engines alike have high expectations for websites, so unchecked problems and errors can have a big impact on SEO and content performance. Columnist Jim Yu discusses how to find and address these issues.
- Google site search is on the way out. Now what?
Mar 22, 2017 by Paul Shapiro
With Google sunsetting its site search product, many companies are wondering where to turn for this functionality; columnist Paul Shapiro provides some alternatives.
- Google Posts now gives museums, movies, musicians & sports groups dedicated space in search
Mar 22, 2017 by Danny Sullivan
Program opens in US and Brazil. Expansion is a sign Google no longer sees it as just an experiment.
- How to Use Network Data to Turn Bad Inputs into Gold
Mar 21, 2017 by Digital Marketing Depot
If you think network data means gathering business cards at lunch, you’re in for a surprise. Today’s network data comes from data owners sharing their information to give everyone access to better data than any brand can assemble on its own. Join data experts David M. Raab and John Hurley as they describe how Radius […]
Recent Headlines From Marketing Land, Our Sister Site Dedicated To Internet Marketing:
- How to track Facebook’s ratio of ads to organic posts in your desktop news feed
- Why and how entities are shaping location marketing
- Seriously, Google, can you just make exact match exact?
- Amazon to open brand registry next month in effort to fight counterfeit products
- Facebook adopts header bidding to make its ad network more competitive with Google’s
- Adobe launches a super-cloud to manage customer experience
- LinkedIn updates Sales Navigator
- A day in the life of a social CMI pro
- UTM tags + Facebook ads = awesome
- Foursquare offers Analytics product for retailers, multi-location brands
- Instagram now has more than 1M advertisers, doubling in past 6 months
- Marketing in a ‘Post-Digital’ World: New rules for connecting with today’s customer
Search News From Around The Web:
- Baidu’s chief scientist, who led its AI research, is leaving the company, TechCrunch
- Government websites earn editorial links with creative campaigns, Majestic Blog
Local & Maps
- Google Earth Tour builder: Part 1 – Circling, Google Earth Blog
- Google My Business Adds Automated Ownership Conflict, Search Engine Roundtable
- Share your trips and real-time location from Google Maps, blog.google
- DMOZ Shut Down, SEO Book
- SearchResearch Challenge (3/22/2017): There’s a fly in my…, SearchReSearch
- Teens Invent Breast Cancer Detection Gadget From Simple Google Search, techdigg.com
- What’s the Difference Between a Rich Snippet and a Featured Snippet?, Portent
- Google Mobile-First Update: A Checklist to Prepare for Success, Ignite Visibility
- Google Says Phantom Updates Are Core Algorithm Update, Search Engine Roundtable
- Optimising Videos for YouTube and Google Search, State of Digital
- Your Forums Are Likely Not The Reason Your Site Dropped In Google, Search Engine Roundtable
SEM / Paid Search
- 10 Traits Of A Successful PPC Account Manager, PPC Hero
- Announcing The Art and Science of Remarketing Optimization webcast, Bing Ads Blog
- How to Do a Content Audit [Updated for 2017], Moz
- How To Do Google-Safe A/B Testing, searchenginepeople.com
The post SearchCap: Google Posts expands, technical audits & site search appeared first on Search Engine Land.
January 25, 2022
January 24, 2022