SEO – SearchCap: Google Fred confirmation, mobile-first index status & future of search
Below is what happened in search today, as reported on Search Engine Land and from other places across the web.
From Search Engine Land:
- Google: Our search leads won’t let us talk about the Fred update
Mar 23, 2017 by Barry Schwartz
Gary Illyes from Google said the techniques Fred went after specifically are mentioned in their webmaster guidelines.
- How much is a happy customer worth?
Mar 23, 2017 by Digital Marketing Depot
In today’s highly analytical marketing world, is it really possible to place a value on customer happiness? Well, yes. And that’s just what we’re going to cover in our upcoming webinar, “The Value of a Happy Customer: Action steps to a great customer experience.” We’ll hear from customer experience expert Christine Crandell, who will explain […]
- How AI will shape the future of search
Mar 23, 2017 by Justin Freid
Artificial intelligence is changing the way users access information online. Columnist Justin Freid discusses where the trends are heading and what this might mean for search marketers.
- Google’s mobile-first index is (still) months away
Mar 23, 2017 by Matt McGee
At SMX West, Google’s Gary Illyes said the company is still experimenting with its mobile-first index and doesn’t have an exact timeline for launch.
- Beware these 7 sneaky PPC attribution tricks
Mar 23, 2017 by Andrew Goodman
You may think you’re hitting your conversion goals, but columnist Andrew Goodman warns that faulty attribution can lead to inaccurate or misleading performance data.
- An answer box experiment (my journey into known and unknown factors)
Mar 23, 2017 by Bill Sebald
Many SEOs have sought to obtain placement within a featured snippet or answer box in the search results pages, but how does one achieve that? Contributor Bill Sebald shares his experiment in pursuing the answer box.
Recent Headlines From Marketing Land, Our Sister Site Dedicated To Internet Marketing:
- Are technical and content audits still relevant?
- Google site search is on the way out. Now what?
- Content Attribution: Identifying content that converts
- 3 steps to overcoming site issues that impact performance
- Facebook’s shoppable ‘Collection’ ad is its latest iAd-like format
- People are starting to see Facebook’s disputed content alerts
- BKON Connect unveils an expanded platform for browsing the real world
- It’s true: Smiling at an ad means sales will go up
- 6 tips to get subscribers to open marketing emails
- Google Posts now gives museums, movies, musicians & sports groups dedicated space in search
- Major US brands now pulling ads from YouTube & Google over extremist content
Search News From Around The Web:
- Google Pulls Off Another Successful Google Dance, Search Engine Roundtable
Local & Maps
- Google Earth imagery updates – Sport, Google Earth Blog
- Google Local Reviews With Emojis, Search Engine Roundtable
- Google Local Reviews With Guardian Top Ten Icons, Search Engine Roundtable
- Former Google Employee Doing Paid Links For SEOs?, Search Engine Roundtable
- 5 Common SEO Mistakes You Should Fix Before Your Next Audit, Portent
- Google’s Mobile First Index Won’t Launch Until Results Are "Quality Neutral", Search Engine Roundtable
SEM / Paid Search
- 3 Easy Ways to Optimize Landing Pages With Low Traffic, PPC Hero
- Drive More Non-Brand PPC Conversions with AdWords Position-Based Attribution Model, Metric Theory
- Keyword Research Strategy: Search Volume, Competition & Relevance, searchenginepeople.com
The post SearchCap: Google Fred confirmation, mobile-first index status & future of search appeared first on Search Engine Land.
January 18, 2022
January 17, 2022