PPC – SearchCap: Bing black friday deals, robots & ad customizers
Below is what happened in search today, as reported on Search Engine Land and from other places across the web.
From Search Engine Land:
- Fun with robots.txt
Nov 23, 2016 by Patrick Stox
Columnist Patrick Stox provides some dos and don’ts for creating your robots.txt file — along with examples of companies who have gotten creative with their files.
- The trouble with truth
Nov 23, 2016 by Janet Driscoll Miller
Do search engines and other content distribution platforms have a responsibility to present information that is true? Columnist Janet Driscoll Miller discusses the issues surrounding this question.
- Looking for Black Friday deals? Bing flyer ads showcase retailers’ Black Friday circulars
Nov 23, 2016 by Ginny Marvin
Ads link to Black Friday circulars from major retail chains.
- Ad customizers just got a whole lot more powerful
Nov 23, 2016 by Frederick Vallaeys
Columnist Frederick Vallaeys discusses the new capabilities of ad customizers in AdWords, explaining how you can use them to serve better, more relevant ads.
Recent Headlines From Marketing Land, Our Sister Site Dedicated To Internet Marketing:
- Amazon has sold more than 5 million Echo devices, with a big holiday to come
- US Presidential election data: searcher intent vs. demographic polling
- Link building is (specialized) marketing
- Putting programmatic video back on the radar
- The future of paid search buying
- Google beefs up Store Visits reporting in AdWords in time for Black Friday
- As ‘Campaigns of One’ get more personal, are we nearing the point of over-personalization?
- Simple steps to addressing your one-time buyer problem
- Report: Facebook develops content suppression tool for China reentry
- How to market to developers without causing dis-content
Search News From Around The Web:
- Offer Up Topics For Google Webmaster Hangouts, Search Engine Roundtable
- Survey Finds Traffic Generation As Top SEO Goal in 2016, KoMarketing
Local & Maps
- Updating Your Holiday Hours on Google? Easy as Pumpkin Pie., Google Small Business
- Did Google Just Admit A Bug In Search Hurt Gmail’s Competitor ProtonMail?, Search Engine Roundtable
- Google AMP Hotel Listing Carousel Live, Search Engine Roundtable
- Identifying and predicting the desire to help in social question and answering, jimjansen.blogspot.com
- Siri v/s Google Assistant [Infographic], 50waystohelp.com
- Towards Automatic Persona Generation Using Social Media, jimjansen.blogspot.com
- Google News Recommendations and the Google Knowledge Base, SEO By The Sea
- Featured Snippets: A Dead-Simple Tactic for Making Them Stick, Moz
- Google Promises To Write More Webmaster Recommendations Around Their Mobile First Index, Search Engine Roundtable
- SEO basics: What is SEO?, Yoast
SEM / Paid Search
- 5 Tips To Stay Organized Through The Holidays And Beyond, PPC Hero
- Mobile PPC in 2017: A Look Ahead, Distilled
- One Last Thing You HAVE to Do for Your AdWords Account before Carving the Turkey, Merkle
The post SearchCap: Bing black friday deals, robots & ad customizers appeared first on Search Engine Land.
August 13, 2022
PPC – Google July 2022 product reviews update had very little ranking volatility, say data providers
August 13, 2022
August 12, 2022