Lead Generation – SearchCap: Google algorithm updates, right-to-be-forgotten & knowledge graph hack
Below is what happened in search today, as reported on Search Engine Land and from other places across the web.
From Search Engine Land:
- SEOs noticing ranking volatility in Google’s search results
Jan 10, 2019 by Barry Schwartz
There may have been an update or two in the past week.
- Google may be headed for victory in EU right-to-be-forgotten indexing appeal
Jan 10, 2019 by Greg Sterling
The top legal advisor for the European Court of Justice has recommended that delisting under RTBF not extend outside the EU.
- 7 things you might not know about Google My Business categories
Jan 10, 2019 by Joy Hawkins
I have found that Google My Business categories are often an overlooked tactic by many people that work in the Local Search space. According to Moz’s Local Search Ranking Factors Survey, proper Google My Business category associations are the #3 search ranking factor for local packs. It has been one of the top ranking factors […]
- Google working to disable knowledge graph hack that shows misleading search results
Jan 9, 2019 by Barry Schwartz
A knowledge panel manipulation technique is finally getting the search giant’s serious attention.
- Intelligent search strategies for better conversions in 2019
Jan 9, 2019 by Digital Marketing Depot
From image and voice searches to personalized audience targeting and AI, search is getting smarter. Make sure you start 2019 armed with the latest best practices to drive SEO and SEM conversions — both online and over the phone. Join search optimization experts Purna Virji from Microsoft and Blair Symes from DialogTech to learn the […]
Recent Headlines From Marketing Land, Our Sister Site Dedicated To Internet Marketing:
- 10 reasons you need to attend SMX West
Jan 10, 2019 by Marketing Land
For profitable and tangible SEO and SEM results, attend Search Engine Land’s SMX® West, January 30-31 in San Jose. Here are 10 reasons to join us… 1. Actionable tactics from experts. Get proven, actionable tactics from industry leaders working at companies like Google, Microsoft, IBM, SurveyMonkey, and many more. You’ll leave with tactics you can […]
- Here’s how brands can leverage social returns in 2019
Jan 10, 2019 by Penny Wilson
A good first step to getting noticed in 2019 is to recognize ad money has to be combined with the equivalent investment in time, creativity and targeting savvy.
- Instagram lets marketers share posts across multiple accounts
Jan 9, 2019 by Amy Gesenhues
Instagram says the new feature was designed to provide a better experience for people who often post to multiple accounts
- Optimizing for attention: Viewability gives rise to time-in-view metrics, poses challenges
Jan 9, 2019 by Robin Kurzer
How viewability expectations are evolving and what that means for marketers.
- The state of local SEO — get industry insights for 2019
Jan 9, 2019 by Digital Marketing Depot
Local search is a broad field that’s constantly growing and changing, challenging marketers to keep up. No matter what kind of company they work for, today’s marketers need both the big picture — relating to customers in the real world — as well as little details like questions submitted on a Google Knowledge Panel. And […]
Search News From Around The Web:
- Apple Maps turn-by-turn directions now available in India, 9to5Mac
- Google Ads: Is the crown slipping from the lead generation king?, Econsultancy
- Google Search Results Snippet With Asked X Years/Months Ago, Search Engine Roundtable
- How Google approaches SEO, Think with Google
- How to Audit your Website: An SEO Beginners Guide, Raven Blog
- Microsoft Bing not only shows child pornography, it suggests it, TechCrunch
The post SearchCap: Google algorithm updates, right-to-be-forgotten & knowledge graph hack appeared first on Search Engine Land.
November 29, 2023
November 28, 2023