Lead Generation – SearchCap: Bing chatbot, PageRank sculpting & RankBrain
Below is what happened in search today, as reported on Search Engine Land and from other places across the web.
From Search Engine Land:
- Why the future is all about PASO — personal assistant search optimization
Apr 5, 2017 by John E Lincoln
Have you started considering voice search in your SEO strategy? Columnist John Lincoln explains why this should be top of mind for forward-thinking search marketers.
- In the age of RankBrain, these foundational SEO issues still matter
Apr 5, 2017 by Nate Dame
Search engine technology has evolved, algorithms have become more advanced, and SEO tactics and strategies have changed in response. But columnist Nate Dame believes fundamentals will still move the needle.
- Contributor, beware of PageRank-hoarding publishers
Apr 5, 2017 by Stephan Spencer
So you’ve found a great site to contribute content to — or have you? Columnist Stephan Spencer provides advice for how to evaluate potential publishers for SEO benefits.
- The BIG SMX London Preview: Here’s Why You Should Attend
Apr 5, 2017 by Chris Sherman
Search Engine Land’s SMX London is every SEO and SEM’s dream. Join us May 23–24 for a tactic-packed agenda with more than 40 dynamic and authoritative speakers, keynotes and more. If you’re involved in SEO, SEM, PR, social media or any other customer-facing activity, you owe it to yourself (and your company or client’s bottom line) to attend. SMX […]
- Bing has a chatbot answering local search questions
Apr 5, 2017 by Matt McGee
Skype-powered chatbot is showing up as an assistant to help searchers learn about restaurants in the Seattle area.
Recent Headlines From Marketing Land, Our Sister Site Dedicated To Internet Marketing:
- Timberland & Quaker Oats testing new ad formats from PadSquad to stand out on mobile
- 6 reasons why building your own customer data asset is a recipe for marketing success
- SMX West: Solving SEO Issues in Google’s Post-Update World
- Taking the brand/agency partnership to the next level
- The problem with obsessive rank tracking
- 3 ways to boost your content marketing program’s performance
- YouTube TV premieres today in five markets, including LA, NY, SF
- IAS on the ad industry’s brand safety uproar: ‘Not sure this is going away this time’
- Hootsuite’s recent buying spree may only be a warm-up
- Salesforce’s Einstein adds velocity to its Sales Cloud
- The Brand Safety Industrial Complex: Does anyone benefit from making things safer?
- Yelp buys Turnstyle to expand targeting and offline attribution capabilities
- LinkedIn introduces lead gen ad offerings
- Newest perk for Amazon Prime members? NFL football livestreams
Search News From Around The Web:
- Google: Googlee given to Google by High Court, The Economic Times
Local & Maps
- Google Earth Tour builder: Part 4 – Path following, Google Earth Blog
- Video Deep Dive: Local Ranking Factors, Making Sense Of It All, Local University
- Google Says If You Care About Your Page, You Should Link To It, Search Engine Roundtable
- Why Google Won’t Label Disavowed Links In The Search Console Report, Search Engine Roundtable
- NYU Scott Galloway: Amazon becoming bigger search engine than Google, CNBC
- Google Testing URLs At Top Of Search Results Snippets, Search Engine Roundtable
- Google Doesn’t Have Enough Content For Many Non-English Head Queries, Search Engine Roundtable
- How Google’s John Mueller & Gary Illyes Answer The Same Question Differently, Search Engine Roundtable
- How To Fetch & Render (Almost) Any Site, Screaming Frog
- How Voice Search Affects SEO, Search Engine People
- Ranking in Google’s "People Also Asked" Searches, ignitevisibility.com
SEM / Paid Search
- Essential list of PPC Tips to Boost Your Ecommerce Website, SEM Rush
- Generate More Conversions For Lead Generation Accounts, PPC Hero
- Mobile vs Desktop Usage: Mobile Grows But Desktop Still a Big Player, Stone Temple
The post SearchCap: Bing chatbot, PageRank sculpting & RankBrain appeared first on Search Engine Land.
February 27, 2024
February 22, 2024